Clean lines, functionality, and minimalism are at the core of Blueairâ€™s design. So, itâ€™s no surprise that the Blueair Blue Pure 411 is stripped of the more advanced features, too.Â
Whatâ€™s surprising, though, is that it paves the way for the entry-level segment of the air purifier market:Â
Itâ€™s quite refreshing to come across an air purifier that can take more expensive units head-on, all while retaining a compact frame and a budget-friendly price tag.Â
If youâ€™d like to know more about this small but mighty air purifier, keep on reading for a detailed Blueair Blue Pure 411 review!
Blueair Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier
Our Rating: 91/100
Blue Pure 411 is the smallest member of the Blue family, packing plug-and-play simplicity and powerful â€“ but silent â€“ performance in a tiny, lightweight package. As far as air purifiers for small bedrooms â€“ and limited budgets â€“ go, this oneâ€™s hard to beat!
Blue Pure 411 Specs & Features
|Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier|
|Dimensions||16.7 x 8 x 8 inchesÂ|
|Coverage||161 square feetÂ|
|Filter Configuration||Three-stage filtrationÂ|
|Air Flow Control||Three fan speedsÂ|
|Warranty||Up to 5-year warrantyÂ|
- Three-Stage Filtration System â€“ This air purifier employs three-stage filtration â€“ a pre-filter, a particle filter, and an activated carbon filter â€“ to both cleanse and deodorize indoor air.Â
- One-Button Operation â€“ The single button powers the air purifier and adjusts fan speed, with the LED lights acting as fan speed and filter replacement indicators.Â
- 360-Degree Air Intake â€“ The 360-degree intake underneath the pre-filter improves the air purifierâ€™s overall efficiency, drawing in air from all sides and angles.
- Low-Noise Air Purifier â€“ The sound output of the Blue Pure 411 is kept at a low level, ranging from 17 dB at the lowest setting, and 46 dB at the highest setting.Â
- 161-Square-Foot Coverage â€“ The compact design, quiet operation, and 161-square-foot coverage make this air purifier suitable for small bedrooms, nurseries, and dorms.Â
Blueair BluePure 411 Review: An Honest & Unbiased LookÂ
The simplistic, attractive design lines and the innovative filtration systems of Blueairâ€™s air purifiers are present in the Blue Pure 411 â€“ the smallest member of the Blue family. Yet, this particular model targets the entry-level market.Â
User-friendliness and affordability aside, though, what can you expect performance-wise?Â
Take a look at this Blueair Blue Pure 411 review and find out!Â
Unboxing the Blue Pure 411: Design & First ImpressionsÂ
The compact frame and the cylindrical shape make the Blue Pure 411 an excellent choice for small and cozy spaces, as it doesnâ€™t take up a ton of floor space.Â
In a recognizable Blueair manner, it adopts a minimalist but attractive design with a strong focus on performance:Â
The 360-degree air intake that takes up the entire lower portion of the unit, with a fabric cover â€“ available in several different colors â€“ that adds to Blue Pure 411â€™s attractiveness and acts as a washable pre-filter.Â
This feature has proved to be so impressive that several other air purifier manufacturers decided to incorporate 360-degree intakes in their models, as well.Â
As tiny as the Blue Pure 411 is â€“ it measures only 16.7 x 8 x 8 inches â€“ it sure is making a big bang in the air purifier market!
Also, itâ€™s easily one of the most lightweight air purifiers I came across recently, weighing as little as 3.35 pounds.Â
As for the controls, youâ€™ll find a single button at the top of the unit, right in the middle of the air outlet grille. The plug-and-play simplicity and overall ease-of-use are probably one of Blue Pure 411â€™s best features.Â
Putting the Blueair Blue Pure 411 to Work: Performance & Effectiveness
Blue Pure 411 is mostly a bedroom-centric air purifier; understandably, itâ€™s best suited for small rooms of up to 161 square feet.Â
Donâ€™t underestimate this little guyâ€™s performance, though:Â
The three-stage filtration system â€“ a combination of a fabric pre-filter, a polypropylene particle filter, and an activated carbon filter â€“ does an excellent job of removing 99 percent of large and fine particles, allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, and other airborne irritants.
Furthermore, it performs five air changes per hour, with a CADR rating of 120 CFM for dust and pollen, and 105 CFM for smoke.Â
Keep in mind that Blue Pure 411 doesnâ€™t have a true HEPA filter.Â
Instead, it utilizes Blueairâ€™s proprietary HEPASilent technology, a combination of mechanical and electrostatic filtration. The polypropylene particle filter is vital here, ensuring improved airflow and lower noise levels.Â
On that note, despite the powerful performance and a fan with three different speed levels, the Blue Pure 411 is still incredibly quiet:Â
Even at the highest setting, the noise levels donâ€™t go over 46 dB â€“ and at the lowest fan speed, itâ€™s pretty much dead-silent at 17 dB!
Blue Pure 411: Pros & Cons to Keep In MindÂ
- Three-stage filtration with HEPASilent technology
- One-button operation with an LED indicatorÂ
- 360-degree air intake with washable pre-filterÂ
- Suitable for small bedrooms, nurseries, and dormsÂ
- Three fan speeds and low-noise operationÂ
- Excellent budget-friendly optionÂ
- Doesnâ€™t use a true HEPA filterÂ
- No advanced featuresÂ
Decision Time: Is Blue Pure 411 the Best Air Purifier for You?Â
Iâ€™d like to wrap this Blue Pure 411 review up and add that, even though it lacks the advanced features of high-end models, I never once found myself missing them:Â
Yes, some sacrifices had to be made in favor of affordability â€“ but the large air intake and unique filtration system, coupled with unmatched ease of use and quiet operation, are more than enough.Â
As far as budget-friendly air purifiers for bedrooms go, it doesnâ€™t get much better than the Blue Pure 411!