Clean lines, functionality, and minimalism are at the core of Blueair’s design. So, it’s no surprise that the Blueair Blue Pure 411 is stripped of the more advanced features, too.
What’s surprising, though, is that it paves the way for the entry-level segment of the air purifier market:
It’s quite refreshing to come across an air purifier that can take more expensive units head-on, all while retaining a compact frame and a budget-friendly price tag.
If you’d like to know more about this small but mighty air purifier, keep on reading for a detailed Blueair Blue Pure 411 review!
Our Rating: 91/100
Blue Pure 411 is the smallest member of the Blue family, packing plug-and-play simplicity and powerful – but silent – performance in a tiny, lightweight package. As far as air purifiers for small bedrooms – and limited budgets – go, this one’s hard to beat!
Blue Pure 411 Specs & Features
|Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier|
|Dimensions||16.7 x 8 x 8 inches|
|Coverage||161 square feet|
|Filter Configuration||Three-stage filtration|
|Air Flow Control||Three fan speeds|
|Warranty||Up to 5-year warranty|
- Three-Stage Filtration System – This air purifier employs three-stage filtration – a pre-filter, a particle filter, and an activated carbon filter – to both cleanse and deodorize indoor air.
- One-Button Operation – The single button powers the air purifier and adjusts fan speed, with the LED lights acting as fan speed and filter replacement indicators.
- 360-Degree Air Intake – The 360-degree intake underneath the pre-filter improves the air purifier’s overall efficiency, drawing in air from all sides and angles.
- Low-Noise Air Purifier – The sound output of the Blue Pure 411 is kept at a low level, ranging from 17 dB at the lowest setting, and 46 dB at the highest setting.
- 161-Square-Foot Coverage – The compact design, quiet operation, and 161-square-foot coverage make this air purifier suitable for small bedrooms, nurseries, and dorms.
Blueair BluePure 411 Review: An Honest & Unbiased Look
The simplistic, attractive design lines and the innovative filtration systems of Blueair’s air purifiers are present in the Blue Pure 411 – the smallest member of the Blue family. Yet, this particular model targets the entry-level market.
User-friendliness and affordability aside, though, what can you expect performance-wise?
Take a look at this Blueair Blue Pure 411 review and find out!
Unboxing the Blue Pure 411: Design & First Impressions
The compact frame and the cylindrical shape make the Blue Pure 411 an excellent choice for small and cozy spaces, as it doesn’t take up a ton of floor space.
In a recognizable Blueair manner, it adopts a minimalist but attractive design with a strong focus on performance:
The 360-degree air intake that takes up the entire lower portion of the unit, with a fabric cover – available in several different colors – that adds to Blue Pure 411’s attractiveness and acts as a washable pre-filter.
This feature has proved to be so impressive that several other air purifier manufacturers decided to incorporate 360-degree intakes in their models, as well.
As tiny as the Blue Pure 411 is – it measures only 16.7 x 8 x 8 inches – it sure is making a big bang in the air purifier market!
Also, it’s easily one of the most lightweight air purifiers I came across recently, weighing as little as 3.35 pounds.
As for the controls, you’ll find a single button at the top of the unit, right in the middle of the air outlet grille. The plug-and-play simplicity and overall ease-of-use are probably one of Blue Pure 411’s best features.
Putting the Blueair Blue Pure 411 to Work: Performance & Effectiveness
Blue Pure 411 is mostly a bedroom-centric air purifier; understandably, it’s best suited for small rooms of up to 161 square feet.
Don’t underestimate this little guy’s performance, though:
The three-stage filtration system – a combination of a fabric pre-filter, a polypropylene particle filter, and an activated carbon filter – does an excellent job of removing 99 percent of large and fine particles, allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, and other airborne irritants.
Furthermore, it performs five air changes per hour, with a CADR rating of 120 CFM for dust and pollen, and 105 CFM for smoke.
Keep in mind that Blue Pure 411 doesn’t have a true HEPA filter.
Instead, it utilizes Blueair’s proprietary HEPASilent technology, a combination of mechanical and electrostatic filtration. The polypropylene particle filter is vital here, ensuring improved airflow and lower noise levels.
On that note, despite the powerful performance and a fan with three different speed levels, the Blue Pure 411 is still incredibly quiet:
Even at the highest setting, the noise levels don’t go over 46 dB – and at the lowest fan speed, it’s pretty much dead-silent at 17 dB!
Blue Pure 411: Pros & Cons to Keep In Mind
- Three-stage filtration with HEPASilent technology
- One-button operation with an LED indicator
- 360-degree air intake with washable pre-filter
- Suitable for small bedrooms, nurseries, and dorms
- Three fan speeds and low-noise operation
- Excellent budget-friendly option
- Doesn’t use a true HEPA filter
- No advanced features
Decision Time: Is Blue Pure 411 the Best Air Purifier for You?
I’d like to wrap this Blue Pure 411 review up and add that, even though it lacks the advanced features of high-end models, I never once found myself missing them:
Yes, some sacrifices had to be made in favor of affordability – but the large air intake and unique filtration system, coupled with unmatched ease of use and quiet operation, are more than enough.
As far as budget-friendly air purifiers for bedrooms go, it doesn’t get much better than the Blue Pure 411!